5 Social Media Marketing Best Practices in 2023
There is no escaping social media whether you like it or not. For business owners and marketers, social media is a must-have when it comes to brand awareness, audience building, and sales conversions. But with so many different platforms, algorithms, and varied content, it can be overwhelming to develop a social media strategy that fits your needs.
To get the most impact out of your social media presence, add the following tactics to your branding strategy:
1. Use platforms your target audience uses Not all platforms are created equally when it comes to the audience. You should focus your attention and efforts on the places your ideal clients are spending their time. For example, if you sell clothes targeting middle-aged women, then maybe TikTok (a short-form video application beloved by Gen Z) isn’t the right place to be generating content.
Social media for businesses and brands is all about maximizing your reach and staying in front of your ideal clientele. Meet that audience on the platforms they regularly use for maximum efficiency.
2. Post frequently Nothing kills a social media page quicker than inactivity. After all, there is little value in building your online presence and then doing nothing with it. We all know consumers have a short attention span and the more you can get in front of them, the better. Be careful though because there is a delicate balance between not posting enough and posting too much – and it really depends on your industry.
This is where competitive research comes in handy. Take a look at brands similar to yours to see how frequently they post and if their engagement is something you aspire to.
3. Use authentic content Consumers are smart, and their intelligence is accompanied by bravery on social media. They will be quick to spot inauthentic content and call it out – that’s the attention you never want. Stay true to your brand and mission, and supply engaging posts that back up your brand positioning and personality. It will develop your brand voice and differentiate you from your competitors.
For example, overusing buzzwords or jumping on trends that don’t align with your past marketing behaviors can drive clients away from your business.
4. Encourage user-generated content Speaking of authentic content, it doesn’t get more genuine than using content supplied by your clients themselves. This is especially true if you’re selling goods or a service. Resharing photos clients post on their social media featuring your product or service (with permission) to bring life and credibility to your brand. Plus, it’s free!
5. Respond to messages and comments
If we’ve said it once, we’ve said it a million times. Engaging with your clients is key to success, but it’s especially true when it comes to social media. These platforms are all about interaction and it’s foolish to not take advantage of the chance to get close to your audience. Prioritize responding promptly to messages and feel free to have fun interacting in the comment section. This is not just restricted to your profile page – comment on other brands to build relationships as well!